Saturday, February 24, 2007

oh the things God can do...

what an amazing week this has been!

i went with the youth group from my church to the ski/Bible conference in gatlinburg. i always love chaperoning trips and stuff, but this was the best thing i've ever been to.we had an amazing speaker, John, and wonderful worship leaders, the Akins ( nick was leading this weekend) who are actually members of our church. God really opened my eyes to things in my life that are preventing me from getting in the game instead of just cheering the team from the side lines. other than the powerful sessions, we also had a lot of FUN!!!!! we walked around gatlinburg one day and pigeon forge the next (which of course meant shopping at the outlet :)) i was able to spend some time with a couple of my favorite girls in the youth group, and i built a lot of relationships with some of the other chaperones. it's a trip of which God will remind me often!

i got in to the home town on Thursday night, then yesterday morning i had to fly out to Oklahoma for one of my dearest friend's wedding. it was beautiful, and i got to spend time with friends i really, really, really miss!!! if only there was more time. i feel like i didn't really get to catch up with everyone.

i don't have all of my pics uploaded yet, but here are a couple...

Those are from gatlinburg...a group of the girls at lunch...anna and me :)...and the most delicious sweet potato ever (served with cinnamon, caramel sauce, and marshmallows)


this is me with one of my best friends ever...brett! we live 12 minutes away from each other, and had to go to oklahoma to hang out! we did get to ride home together on the plane and suffer through all of the turbulance :)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I had know idea you had a blog! I'm adding you to our blog right now. Sounds like you had fun in Gatlinburg. Your scrapbook pages are awesome. You're so creative. I'm learning how to digital scrapbook on Photoshop. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. Our blog is www. colsoncommentaries.blogspot.com!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey I live in the South too AND I just got back from a trip to Oklahoma. How funny is that?! lol Looks like you had a wonderful time with your friends!