Friday, March 30, 2007

the job...

so, i went in to sub last tuesday, and as i was signing in the math coach asked me if i had ever taught algebra. i did during my practicum and student teaching, so she me to see the current algebra teacher at the school. (ok, you need to know some back ground if you don't know me...i taught math at a middle school for the past 2 years. the first year i was in 8th grade and really liked it, then i moved to 6th and didn't care for it too much. it was enough to inspire me to start grad school at georgia. after the first semester, i found myself broke with a huge desire to teach again. so, i started subbing at the school where i taught last year even though it's quite a distance from where i'm living...i think that's enough!) so, i'm doing a long term for her while she's out having surgery. last friday, the principal offered me a job teaching 8th grade agian. I'M SO EXCITED! i'll be taking the place of one of the people i most enjoyed working with, but she's moving to a math connections class to work with kids who are below standards so i'll get to see her around! to those of you who know how unhappy i seamed in t-town, know that i don't plan on moving back right away. i do still want to teach at the school, i just don't know that it's the best place for a single girl to live! we'll wait and see what happens starting in july!
i really didn't mean for that to be so long, but there ya have it! :)

on another note...went to the BEST scrapbook store ever today! i decided that i don't spend enough time getting things done. i have such big plans, but many of them never come to fruition because of my laziness or procrastination. since it's now spring break, that's what i'm going to work on this week! i'm pretty pumped up about finishing some things...which means there will be pics to come!

have a fabulous weekend!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Rebekka said...

Congratulations on the job!

Don't you just love finding a great LSS? I found mine just a couple of months ago...I'm now a "regular". :)

Have a great spring break!

Unknown said...

So...about this job....that will take you away from athens...away from me...away from scrapbooking...pretty much away. So I have a suggestion-move Upson-Lee County up here, k? Great!! :)

I love you and I'm so excited for you!!!